Sunday, December 5, 2010

60 Days of Beauty - Day 5

Last night I was wondering what I would blog about tonight.  I was kind of exhausted after writing about four things last night... and doing a lot of writing last night.  I also spent a lot of time having a conversation with God.  Lately I have been learning that talking to God doesn't always mean sitting down, closing my eyes, and thinking words to God.  Lately I have been doing other things to connect with God.  That means a lot of encouragement notes written and a whole lot of writing and a whole lot of attempting to glorify God with every step I take.  That leads me to day 5.

5.  God

This is hard to explain.  Maybe through a song?

You are beautiful

Watch it.  Now.

Did you watch it?

Go back and do it!

NOW!




I love this song.  :)

Did you listen?

Alright, good.

If you haven't heard this song before, go ahead and go back and listen to it a second time, or a third time.  It never gets old...  Haha.

Let's look at the lyrics now...


I see Your face in every sunrise
The colors of the morning are inside Your eyes
The world awakens in the light of the day
I look up to the sky and say
You're beautiful



I see Your power in the moonlit night
Where planets are in motion and galaxies are bright
We are amazed in the light of the stars
It's all proclaiming who You are
You're beautiful, You're beautiful

I see you there hanging on a tree
You bled and then you died and then you rose again for me
Now you are sitting on Your heavenly throne
Soon we will be coming home
You're beautiful, you're beautiful

When we arrive at eternity's shore
Where death is just a memory and tears are no more
We'll enter in as the wedding bells ring
Your bride will come together and we'll sing
You're beautiful, You're beautiful, You're beautiful

I see Your face, You're beautiful, You're beautiful, You're beautiful
I see Your face, You're beautiful, You're beautiful, You're beautiful
I see Your face, I see Your face
I see Your face, You're beautiful, You're beautiful, You're beautiful

The fourth verse is my favorite.  It reminds me a lot of Ted Dekker's Circle series.  (here)  The books revolve a lot around a character named "Elyon" (who represents God) and the way He romances His beloved.  To think about God that way blows my mind.  It overwhelms me to think that God wants me to be in a reciprocating  relationship with me.  He doesn't just want to be over me and be in charge of me... He wants to be in a relationship where we are equal, both loving, both placing time into our relationship.  He doesn't want me to talk to Him every once in awhile... He wants to be my best friend.  He wants to be with me every day.  I get chills just thinking about this!


He wants the praise and worship I give Him, but He doesn't just take that and leave me to do everything I can to appease a malevolent god.  He stays in my life and touches it every day.


God is beautiful.  He made everything.  Because He is beautiful, wouldn't that make everything beautiful?  Yup.  Even earthquakes and mosquitoes and things that hurt you.  He wasn't wrong to make those things.  He decides what is right and wrong.  He is beautiful.



Go back and listen to the song again.  :)  Have a wonderful day/week/year/rest of your life.

2 comments:

Rhonda Schrock said...

I'm excited that you're doing the project, K! I look forward to following you.

blckspdr said...

awesome song!