Monday, December 13, 2010

60 Days of Beauty - Day 13, Home

13.  Home

I haven't always loved my family.  I haven't always loved to come home.  I haven't always loved the way my mom clacks away at the keyboard or the way my dad sleep-watches tv.  I haven't always enjoyed the way the cupboards sound when they shut or the way the basement door has to be pressed to shut all the way.  But now those things remind me of home.  It wouldn't be the same without the keyboard or the quests to steal the remote.  I know what door is being shut by the sound it makes.  Home is beautiful because that is the place I feel like I belong.  It is safe for me.

(Yes, I decorated the above gingerbread house)

1 comment:

Rhonda Schrock said...

AWEsome post, Kaylynn! I love it, and I'll bet your parents do, too.