Sunday, March 15, 2009

the last 60 hours...

have been a blur....

to start this all off... on Thursday morning I woke up feeling really nasty. I took my temperature and it was just above 102. ((fun, right?)) So my mom told me I could stay home until 11. I went back to bed, slept until 9, took a shower, and skipped off to school. ((yeah right, I was so drugged I could barely see straight)) I kind of floated through school.

Friday morning I woke up with a fever again... but I couldn't stay home, so I went to school armed with DayQuil and Flonase.

Friday night was the last night of the drama, so after we had all of the stuff packed up in the trailer outside FBC we loaded into our cars and made our way to Brandon Puckett's house. I rode with Val and Kristin, two seniors who didn't mind driving me, so we had to drop Val off at her house so she could take some things inside and get her car.
Now Puckett's house is absolutely HUGE!! We go inside and most people are there already... but we get some food and sit around the dining room table and are talking about random stuff. And then somehow we all got shuffled downstairs and half of us were standing in a circle randomly talking... and someone found a hula hoop and a couple people were showing off their mad hula-hooping skills.
And apparently we are not allowed to listen to music... ever... We got in trouble for listening to music... ((but if that one teacher hadn't been there, no one would have cared. it's not like we were moshing or doing anything bad.))
So we decided we would watch a movie. Somehow about 20 of us managed to get in front of Brandon's tv... and we watched "1408". If you don't know... "1408" is an adaptation of a Stephen King book. A wonderful movie to watch on Friday the 13th ((which was a running joke that night)) but it wasn't Friday the 13th for very long while we were watching it. So at about 1 am, after the movie was over, we all got rides home ((I rode home with Lauren and Christen ((different Christen))))
I get home and my mom is watching "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days". I think this movie is crazy hilarious (and I'm always up for a good chick flick) so I sat down and watched it with her.
I finally went to bed around 2:30 am.

I slept until 2 pm. Then I kind of meandered around the house after taking a shower. ((I think I still have traces of stage makeup on me, though!))

We ((my mom and I)) went to Jamie and Jolinda's around 5:30 to have a reunion with our Kenya team. We had a good time looking through each other's albums and hearing about the babies that have been adopted in the time we've been back in the US ((quite a few have been!!)). I had a good time.

And then there was Sunday school today and all that stuff... and a little bit of homework to finish up...

But this weekend was a blur.

No comments: