Sunday, February 27, 2011

Remembering the Past

I am sharing my testimony with my small group on Saturday. Because of this, I am reading through my old journals. I don't remember writing most of these things. Some days are a little less blurry than others, but from mid-2005 to mid-2009, I remember very little.

On February 23, 2009, I wrote this at the close of an entry:

"Right now I have too many scars, too much pain inside, too much anger, and too little faith."

Two years later, I can say that I no longer see that sentence as true. I can now identify that as a blatant lie.

Some of you readers may wonder if I would go back and do things differently with the knowledge I have now. I wrote a quickwrite on this for English last semester, and the answer anytime anyone asks is always no. Clearly, I went through certain periods of pain for a reason. A reason that was unknown to me at the time, but better known now. Without my experience, I would not be as equipped for my chosen profession.

Please, please pray for me as I prepare and share my testimony this week. Several of my close friends will be receiving a copy because they do not know my story.

My story is not just my own. It is God's.

No comments: