Saturday, February 26, 2011

60 Days of Beauty? Ooops...

So... It seems I am unable to finish a simple two-month blogging spree.  Oops. 
In order to remedy this, I have a list of some more things I find beautiful. 

17.  The ecstatic greetings of my dogs.
18.  Homemade bread.
19.  Grass waving in the summer wind.
20.  Pianos.
21.  Sunrises.
22.  Bird song.
23.  A brand new journal.
24.  Daddies hugging their children.
25.  Fire.
26.  Worship.
27.  People.  (Okay, this is only sometimes.  I have days where I absolutely can't stand people.  But in general, I find them beautiful.)
28.  Dancing.
29.  Beaches.
30.  Laughter.
31.  Tears.
32.  Guitars.  (I am incredibly jealous of those who can play...)
33.  Creativity.
34.  The Connection Band.  (This is the band that plays in the alternate service at my church.  Just today I mentioned to my mom that one of their songs would always remind me of home.  In fact, I see myself playing their music in my big white house with rainbow doors.  :) )
35.  Dreaming.  (While asleep and the dreams for the future.)
36.  Getting things done.
37.  Sharing.
38.  AGC Baby Center.
39.  Confidence.
40.  My small group.
41.  Breaking the chains.
42.  Learning to run.  (I say "learning" because that's EXACTLY what it's like.)
43.  Hillsong United.  (They are my designated group for worship playlists.)
44.  Photography.
45.  Sunsets.
46.  Clouds.
47.  Rain on a summer afternoon. 
48.  Letting go and letting God.
49.  Stories. 
50.  Love.
51.  Hope.
52.  Rescue.
53.  Paint and a clean canvas.
54.  Learning to speak Spanish.
55.  Wishing on dandelions.
56.  Stars.  (Especially the ones in Kenya.)
57.  Summertime.
58.  The tree in my backyard.  (Except when I have to mow around it.)
59.  Knowing I am not alone. 
60.  My house.  (But not my current house.  The house I am talking about is called "Rescate".  Back in December, God gave me a picture that blew me away.  A simple house with a large porch and lots of windows.  It was surrounded by trees.  And the idea of peace surrounded the building.  And I knew what it was instantly.  It's what I've wanted to do for the past two years.  It's there to help people.  I'm going to teach people freedom, hope, and love.  I'm going to teach them how to keep going and how to fight.  It's the house where I will meet with God in my sunny kitchen and laugh with those who have not laughed.  It's my house with many colors of paint and a large room for the freedom of expression through art.  It's bright and sunny all the time because of the many windows. During the summer, the windows are open to let in the air.  That's my house.  That's my dream.  That's where I want to be in ten years.) 

Whew.  That was a long list... and a very vulnerable list. 

No comments: