Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bad Days...

Have you ever had one of those really bad days?  Or one of those okay days, that went horribly wrong?  Thursday was like that. 
I'll be honest, I kind of like school.  I like it when I understand what is going on.  I like it when I like what we are doing, too.  But I missed Pre-calculus because of a Psychology exam (there is a LOT of hate right there.  >:( ).  But I had learned how to do graphing inequalities before, so I figured I could do it.  Only, when I got to the homework I realized I wasn't sure how to shade, I looked in the examples in my book and it was unclear, so I just jumped in with what I thought I knew.  Not smart.  I ended up in tears redrawing the same graph six times.  And then I threw my book across the room.  I was kind of freaked out that it took that little of frustration to make me so angry.  The stress of other things (like a Bible project and a short story that I have to write... in which I detest every character) have been getting to me lately... The Bible project is now over (Hypostatic Union, I am so glad that Jesus was fully God and fully man, but I am SICK of researching it and teaching people about you.), but the short story is due next week.  Not too bad, right?  It would be if I didn't suck at writing long fiction. 
Page long descriptions of a moment or conversation are okay, but ten pages of a story that makes sense?  No way.  (Why did I take Creative Writing?)  After a page I hate my characters, my writing style, and the way I make my k's.  I think my main character is too proud or just plain dumb.  I feel like my description sounds dumb.  Am I being too critical of myself?  Sharing my work is hard.  I hate when people pick it apart and point out grammatical flaws (like little ones.  I like it when someone fixes a big mistake!) and argue with me over my word choice.  I leave some sentences without description for REASONS!  What ever happened to leaving out some things for suspense? 

I have four journal entries and at least two pages of my story to write tonight.  This is awesome.  /endsarcasm

So, to sum up:
- Crying over Pre-calculus homework is lame.
- Short stories are lame, too.

No comments: