Monday, July 26, 2010

More skirts!

Yesterday I went downstairs to find my mom's cutting mat and the little see-through thing you use to line up and cut straight lines with. I found the cutting mat, but the board was no where to be found. So, naturally, I went upstairs, grabbed a trash bag, and started going through the stuff. After three very full garbage bags (mostly of old school stuff) I found the board... but I couldn't just leave everything a mess! So now half of the basement is very organized and you can actually see the floor! (I'm very proud of myself!) There's lots of stuff for a garage sale next summer (I was hoping to go through and get rid of all of this stuff this summer, but I was gone on garage sale day!)
But, here is what I did last night (and this morning).
They look better in person. I wasn't able to get a great picture. I used the same tutorial as before, but this time I wasn't as picky about the way I hemmed them. One skirt has a horizontal panel because I didn't have enough fabric!

And here is what I'm currently making.


I started this blanket last year, but for the past six months (or more?) it's been sitting on the futon in my basement. Because most of the yarn is cheap acrylic it's not super soft, but I'm hoping that when I'm done it's super warm! ((In case you were wondering how big this is, it's about as wide as I am tall and only about 2 1/2 feet tall right now.))

No comments: