Thursday, November 27, 2008

I am thankful for...

This year I am compiling a list of what I am thankful for... I was orginally going to just do it in my journal, but then I thought "heck, why not share my list?"

(These are in no particular order)

-The recoveries of Corey Ellis and Owen (I believe his last name is Lambright... not sure, though). Both nearly drowned, Corey after having a seizure in a hot tub, and Owen after falling into a tub of water in a neighbor's backyard. Both have made complete recoveries, both with no brain damage.

-My own recovery (those of you who know what I mean, 200+ days :D )

-A church summer camp that got my attention.

-A God that messes up my life.

-My cousin Shealey who loves to just sit with me on the couch.

-My cousin Tori who is just a stinker.

-My cousin Travis who is as obnoxious as all get out.

-Two older cousins that know how to do anything on a computer.

-My father who has confronted me on more than one occasion, and who shows me love in his own ways.

-The promise of being a world-changer, even to just one person.

-A best friend who is dorky, but talks enough for the both of us. (And I'm also her "cousin". tehe. :) long story)

-Another best friend who doesn't care when we both act stupid or crush on boys. (We have to deal with each other about that.)

-A chance to go to a private school where carrying a Bible does not bring ridicule.

-My memories of the babies.

-A mother who wants to go shopping at midnight, and who doesn't like coffee, but gets hot chocolate at Starbucks.

-A twin brother who drives me insane, but is fun to play Wii with.

-Rhonda's blog. (It just cheers me up. :D )

-The sunrise this morning. (We never know if we will have another day.)

-The hope of tomorrow's sunrise. (Which will hopefully be seen coming over a building at the Lighthouse Mall. :D )

-My vast taste in music.

-A Savior who came to this earth to take on the form of a man and died on the cross (and would have died even if I was the only person). And who rose from the dead three days later to give me and whoever else believes eternal life.


So... yeah... this is my list... :D

5 comments:

Monica said...

Hi, Kaylyn...
I like your list. I know that God loves you very much and has a great plan for your life. I'm looking forward to reading more of your past posts. Thank you for the note you left on my blog.
Blessings,
Monica

Rhonda Schrock said...

I like the part about your mom and Starbucks, of course. She's pretty cool if she'll go shopping at 1 a.m. Way cooler than me!

I am thrilled and proud that you went to Kenya.

I am delighted that I am getting to know you. I like reading your words. It cracks me up. As you are well aware, I have no girls, so I love hearing a real girl talk like one.

Hee hee hee.

Brian a.k.a. Buzz said...

umm, lets clarify they never went to bed on Thursday and left at 12:15am to go shopping in Michigan City they got home approx 9:30AM Tracy didn't go to bed until Friday night so she was up for two days straight all for shopping!!

Rhonda Schrock said...

Okay. By 9:30, I'd be doing circles through the Starbucks drive through. "Fill 'er up!"

Tracy's got a strong constitution, that's all I can say.

(rescueisnotamyth) said...

Hey!!! Mom's the one who slept, I didn't! I stayed all night on the computer and knitting. And I wanted to go to Starbucks, but there were none around. :(