Monday, October 13, 2008

So... Cara had to read part of Walt Whitman's "Story of Myself" for her English class. And I read along with it because I like to read random stuff like that sometimes. And so when I finished reading it she asked me what it was about because she didn't want to finish it. But I told her to read it because I didn't understand it. Then all the sudden she goes "I understand this guy now!" and read aloud this:

"I do not ask the wounded person how he feels, I myself become the
wounded person."

And to me that makes sense. I can go up to a person and know they have had a bad day. I can ask them about it and totally understand. I can become that person for those few moments. And through the writing ability that God has given me, I can (usually) accurately depict the way that person feels, the sorrow, the pain, the joy even. I don't have to ask that person how they are feeling, I can feel it.

Just a thought from my jumbled mind...

hugs and <3's

Kaylyn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is cara?

(rescueisnotamyth) said...

Cara is in the play!! Duh, how did I forget to say that!? She's pretty awesome.