Saturday, April 4, 2009

waiting...



What are you waiting for? A call from someone? Your situation to change? What if those things don't happen? What if that call never comes, your situation never changes, your loved one doesn't come back? What then? What are you waiting for?
Many times Americans don't have patience. We expect things here and now (why else were microwaves invented?) and we refuse to take "no" as an answer for anything. We can't believe that the subway was delayed for even a second because we woke up late, got to the station late, and now we are going to be late for work.
Did the thought of patience ever cross your mind? Or maybe the fact that there is something bigger than you out there? Did prayer ever cross your mind? For most of us God is just something we pull out on Sunday mornings, and maybe Wednesday nights. But have you ever noticed that sometimes waiting isn't as hard when you involve God in your waiting process? You ask Him to give your patience and peace. You ask Him to help you to realize that maybe that phone call isn't all that important, or that you can be content in your current situation.
I'm currently waiting for my friends to come back. I'm waiting to see if I can make it out of this. I'm waiting to see if this relationship is worth it. But I'm asking Him for patience. And the strength to keep on going even when I feel like I can't.
So... What are you waiting for?

No comments: